The Content Synchronization Module is used to get content from a source instance into a target instance. For example, you can get content from a PRODuction environment sync'ed (i.e. pulled) into a TEST environment.
Workspaces as well as nodes can both be synchronised in one go. Configuration is stored in JCR and done in node /modules/content-synchronisation/config/.
How it works
- Synchronization first removes configured workspaces/nodes on the target instance, then pulls content from source instance,
- After synchronization, all imported content is published,
- Synchronization works in a PULL manner, so it imports content to the instance where user starts it. It does NOT push anything.
How to use
- Install this module on both source and target instance,
- Configure workspaces and nodes that need to be synchronised,
- Enter the credentials of a user that has all needed permissions on both source and target,
- Click the button 'START SYNCHRONISATION’.