Amazon S3 is a scalable high-speed online file storage web service offered by Amazon Web Services. It provides secure, durable and highly-scalable storage.
Part of the Magnolia DAM Connector Pack, the Amazon S3 connector provides an app that allows users to store assets in Amazon S3, while using them in Magnolia. They can edit images, tags, metadata and more - all from one place:
- Upload or download assets to and from Amazon S3 directly from the Magnolia UI.
- Create a hierarchy of buckets and folders to store assets directly from the Magnolia UI.
- Browse and preview assets in Magnolia.
- Filter assets using the column filters in Magnolia.
- Edit key information for assets, such as the name or description. The changes are stored in Amazon S3.
- Edit images using the Magnolia Assets app editing feature.
- Delete items from Magnolia (except for S3 buckets).
Using Amazon S3 takes the load of storing and serving large assets off your Magnolia servers. In the Amazon S3 browser app, you can work with assets within Magnolia as if you were in the Amazon S3 interface.
CategoryDigital Asset Management
Magnolia editionDX Core
This extension is maintained by Magnolia and comes with the same service level and support as per your Magnolia License Agreement (MLA) and Service Level Agreement (SLA). Read more on our maintenance policy or get in touch with our team here.